Re: gtk+ documentation wikified

Am Donnerstag, den 19.02.2009, 10:33 -0500 schrieb Dominic Lachowicz:
> That's hard-ish to do today. GTK+'s documentation is generated in
> large part by scanning comments in C code, which a program then turns
> into HTML. Any proposal would require a way to keep the Wiki and the C
> comments in-sync.

Still that proposed idea has some merits: Currently entry barrier for
fixing GTK+ docs still is quite high.

Guess the most trivial fix would be, to do what the PHP community does
and attach some comment system/forum to library.gnome.org.

More sophisticated would be some application that allows editing of API
docs via web site and provides some way to easily merge them back. Maybe
automatic commits to some separate branch? Maybe just additions to some
patch queue? Don't know. But maybe a nice SoC project?

Ciao,
Mathias