Re: GtkOrientable: Can widgets now be flipped?
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GtkOrientable: Can widgets now be flipped?
- Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 21:19:53 -0500
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> So can they actully be flipped at runtime now? The documentation seems
> to suggest that they can't if they still use the old common base
The intention is to eventually make GtkScale and friends
instantiatable. When that happens you can use these classes to get
runtime flippable containers.
This has been put on hold until we can reach an agreement on default
values of properties for those newly-instantiatable classes.
Therefore, GTK+ 2.16 will keep all those classes abstract. If you want
runtime flippable containers now, you can always just trivially
subclass e.g. GtkScale.
] [Thread Prev