Re: Notes and thoughts on the GTK+ meeting at GUADEC

Hey there,

Replying to myself with a short status update:

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Kristian Rietveld<kris gtk org> wrote:
> - Implement class private data, bug 521707 has been filed for this and
> contains a patch.  I will give this a review and if the patch seems
> right get Tim to review it as well.

I gave this one a pre-review and the patch got a couple of fixes done
by the original reporter. I am now harassing Tim to review it.

> - Introduce GObject convenience accessors.  Bug 541569 has a patch
> that is partly reviewed.  I will review this as well.

Reviewed, needs some more work.

> - Seal GtkStyle.  This really has to be done together with
> investigating the plans for theming, see below.

Discussion on theming possibilities is going on now, I will reply were
appropriate later on.

> - Investigate whether there is stuff to seal in GDK, GLib.  I think
> for now there won't be a GLib 3 (but please correct me if I am wrong),
> so I would say to leave out GLib for now.  GDK certainly has to be
> done.  I can look into this and write up a proposal later on.

I worked on sealing GDK, see bug 592580.  Also updated the
PendingSealings wiki page.

Mitch will be giving his thoughts on the remaining questions from this
list soonish.

regards,

-kris.