Re: GObject-Introspection 0.5.0

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Mike Kestner <mkestner novell com> wrote:

> If either attribute is unspecified, it's assumed to be false.

Kind of a detail, but with the scanner setup in g-i, I think it would
be good to require manual specification of ownership for all allocated
types. Otherwise we can't tell what has been looked at.

If you're adding introspection to a new library (or a new part of an
old library), bottom line is somebody has to go through and specify
all the ownerships by hand, so at least in some mode we should be able
to tell whether that's been done. If a new function appears in a
library, g-i should somehow notify us that ownership has to be
specified.

If we don't automate detecting the case where ownership hasn't been
looked at by hand, surely it's going to constantly break ...

Havoc