Re: Theming API hackfest: last call

Robert Staudinger wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Robert Staudinger
> <robert staudinger gmail com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> thanks for pushing this, Alberto.
>> I'd like to attend and request sponsorship (being a student). Is there
>> any more formal kind of application required?
>
> For the record, I am withdrawing this request.
> Alberto informed me that the hackfest would target non-X11 theming,
> with a focus on tweaks to GtkStyle for better integration with native
> toolkits. He kindly convinced me that my proposal was out of scope for
> that and pointed out that the 2009 gtk hackfest would be a more
> appropriate forum.

Hi Rob,

I got to know about work you are doing by crossing over your fd.o account
request.  I thought to myself: "wow, this is so cool... why didn't I hear
about this stuff before?"  I think a good number of GNOME/GTK+ developers are
in that boat too.  So, why don't you tell us some more about what you've been
doing and what your future plans are?  Here on the list I mean.

Cheers,

behdad