Re: Theming API hackfest: last call

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we have set the proposed date for the theming API hackfest to the
> third week of februrary, this is:
> 16th-22nd
>
> It'll take place in Dublin, Ireland, hosted by Sun Microsystems at
> their headquarters.
>
> The scope of the hackfest is designing a new api for engines so that
> engines, and consequently themes are easier to write, maintain and are
> more flexible. This is not a theming hackfest, we don't intend to work
> on new engines or new themes.
>
> We're setting the budget, so if someone is interested to come and
> needs sponsorship this is the last call so that we can close the
> budget for the foundation to approve it.

Hello,

thanks for pushing this, Alberto.
I'd like to attend and request sponsorship (being a student). Is there
any more formal kind of application required?

My gtk-css-engine should be in a pretty solid state by then, and I'd
be happy to share lessons learned and talk about future possibilities.

Best,
Rob