Re: glib and gtk+ versions for GNOME 2.24

>> I assume this means that GNOME 2.24 will ship with GTK+ 2.14
>
> For now, that's the plan. I'm a bit worried that GTK+ 2.14 might be a
> bit late, though ;-)

In that case wouldn't it be wiser to depend on 2.12. Developers might
decide to use 2.14 API additions.

I for instance would like to encourage developers to use gtk_show_uri
which I just committed to gtk+ 2.13 so that GNOME depends less on
libgnome and libgnomeui.
See also http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/RemoveGnomeOpenGnomeHelp

However that seems like a bad idea if gtk+ 2.14 does not get released on time

>> Wouldn't it be a good idea to have jhbuild build gtk+ trunk instead of
>> 2.12? This way 2.14 will get more testing.
>
> jhbuild already uses gtk+ trunk AFAICT.

Oops, I see my error now. I patched gnome-suites-2.22.modules locally
when we were still in 2.22 development when I was writing a patch for
gtk+. I mistakenly thought it was the 2.24 version which still wasn't
changed.

Jaap