Re: proposal: substantial change to keyboard-driven action handling

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 10:47 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> Any given GtkWidget has zero or more maps that connect a key event
> tuple to a closure. When a key event is received by a GtkWindow, the
> window first allows the focus widget to look up an event in its
> map(s) of tuples/closures. If the event matches a given tuple, the
> closure is invoked. If there is no focus widget or the focus widget
> does not report that the key event has been handled, the GtkWindow
> does the lookup in its own map(s).

<ignorant>

Some people have mentioned that the DOM way of passing events first down
and then up in the hierarchy (or was it the other way around?) would be
very useful to GTK+.  Something tells me that this should be tied to
your proposal, but I'm not sure how :)

</ignorant>

[I know I've had to do some hacks in the past to deal with keyboard
accelerators that weren't being processed at the right spot in the
hierarchy... no real idea if that could have been helped with the scheme
above.]

  Federico