Re: Integrating optional file chooser implementations into GTK+

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 13:23 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:

> Would there be any interest in us cleaning the patch up as a standalone
> file chooser implementation, adding it to the GTK+ sources, and then
> letting GtkFileChooser use a configurable (at configure time)
> implementation (defaulting to the current widget)?

Yes!

<plug>
SVN is just Too Goddamn Painful(tm) to do this, as I'm sure it will
require several iterations (make GtkFileChooserIface public, add the
pluggability framework, make GtkFileChooserDefault and friends use that
framework, plug in your new implementation, etc.).  So, please feel free

  git clone http://www.gnome.org/~federico/git/gtk+.git

and start a branch there.
</plug>

As Murray says, the Maemo people were also interested in having
pluggable GtkFileChooser implementations.  I'm sure Hildon will have
something to bring to the table.

  Federico