Re: Using more verbose ChangeLog format for GLib and GTK+

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 21:53 +0100, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Tim suggested that I write to gtk-devel-list about this.  I blogged
> about this previously [1].
>
> Basically the idea is that instead of:
>

> ============
> 2008-01-28  Behdad Esfahbod  <...>
>
>       * tests/test-ot-tags.c:
>       * tests/testscript.c:
>       Replace G_GNUC_PRETTY_FUNCTION by G_STRFUNC. (#512566, Christian Persch)
> ============
>
> We will write:
>
> ============
> 2008-01-28  Behdad Esfahbod  <...>
>
>       Bug 512566 – dont' use deprecated macro
>       Patch from Christian Persch
>
>       * tests/test-ot-tags.c:
>       * tests/testscript.c:
>       Replace G_GNUC_PRETTY_FUNCTION by G_STRFUNC
> ============

I believe we are meant to put the patch author's name on the first line.
I think someone sometime mentioned to me that it's some GNU rule. It's
what I do.

I already mention the bug number at the bottom of my ChangeLog entries,
just to remind people that filing bugs is a good way to get things
fixed. But I also like to mention the name of the person who submitted
the bug so it makes them feel good.

[snip]

--
Murray Cumming