Using more verbose ChangeLog format for GLib and GTK+

Tim suggested that I write to gtk-devel-list about this.  I blogged
about this previously [1].

Basically the idea is that instead of:

============
2008-01-28  Behdad Esfahbod  <...>

      * tests/test-ot-tags.c:
      * tests/testscript.c:
      Replace G_GNUC_PRETTY_FUNCTION by G_STRFUNC. (#512566, Christian Persch)
============

We will write:

============
2008-01-28  Behdad Esfahbod  <...>

      Bug 512566 – dont' use deprecated macro
      Patch from Christian Persch

      * tests/test-ot-tags.c:
      * tests/testscript.c:
      Replace G_GNUC_PRETTY_FUNCTION by G_STRFUNC
============

It's obviously more informative.  As for the Unicode em-dash character
there, don't worry, you don't write the Bug line yourself.  You already
have the bug page open, just triple-click on the bug title line and it
will select the text "Bug 512566 – dont' use deprecated macro".  The
either copy/paste, or just middle-click it into your editor...

When release time comes, I copy all the new ChangeLog text into the NEWS
file and remove everything but the Bug lines.  So I get something like:

- Bugs fixed in this release:
        Bug 511172 – pango_layout_set_height() with positive height always
                shows at least two lines
        Bug 515484 – Uniscribe interface handles surrogate
                pairs incorrectly
        Bug 515484 – Pango on Windows is missing Type 1
                font support
                Patch from Adrian Johnson.
        Bug 517083 – pango modules: wrong fallback adding code?
        Bug 515484 – Variable is initialized twice
        Bug 504810 – Samvruthokaram (combination of U+0D41 and U+0D4D) is not
                rendered correctly
                Patch from Praveen A
        Bug 496244 – Don't use freetype-config, use pkg-config
        Bug 512566 – dont' use deprecated macro
                Patch from Christian Persch
        Bug 512473 – [patch] gtk-doc warnings

quite easily.

Pango and vte are already using this format (plus gucharmap and g-t
partially).

Cheers,

behdad

[1] http://mces.blogspot.com/2008/01/on-bugzilla-reference-in-gnome.html