Re: Units and resolution independence for gtk+
- From: Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk>
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Subject: Re: Units and resolution independence for gtk+
- Date: 07 Aug 2008 08:33:22 +0200
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> writes:
> > I'll repeat that making use of the physical size in the X Screen
> > structure is *BROKEN*. You don't want tiny fonts a projector, and you
> > don't want huge fonts on handheld.
> > The number is meaningless without knowledge about the device type.
> Does s/screen dpi/scale factor/ make more sense to you? Call it
Sorry, I mixed this up with a different flame war.
(On the topic at hand, I think I agree with David that it would be
better if we could auto-detect the case where fonts need to be scaled
differently than the rest of the UI; having a user-settable "font
scale factor" is a bit broken IMO).
] [Thread Prev