Re: Units and resolution independence for gtk+
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Subject: Re: Units and resolution independence for gtk+
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 23:08:08 -0400
On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 04:20 +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> writes:
> > Also, my only quick feedback is that you are hooking up on the font
> > size, while you should instead hook on screen dpi. Think of screen dpi
> > as a global scaling factor, and font size is relative size of the fonts
> > to the other elements.
> I'll repeat that making use of the physical size in the X Screen
> structure is *BROKEN*. You don't want tiny fonts a projector, and you
> don't want huge fonts on handheld.
> The number is meaningless without knowledge about the device type.
Does s/screen dpi/scale factor/ make more sense to you? Call it that.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev