Re: subwindow-less Gtk+ and offscreen windows

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 17:09 -0500, Cody Russell wrote:

> I'll take a look at the Quartz backend and see how it is working.  I've
> been wanting to do so anyway. ;)

i don't think you'll learn much of any real relevance.

the quartz backend still represents all GdkWindows (child or otherwise)
using a primitive present in the backend. its just that Quartz offers
two (NSWindow and NSView), whereas X only offers one (XWindow)