Re: subwindow-less Gtk+ and offscreen windows
- From: Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: subwindow-less Gtk+ and offscreen windows
- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:33:55 -0500
On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 21:35 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> * Some operations require an X window id, for example:
> + glXMakeCurrent()
> so that you can draw into a window with opengl.
> You can still draw to the toplevel window, but you can't
> have GdkOffscreenWindow automatically clip the opengl drawing
> calls (i think).
Would it work if there were a new GL widget that took care of
glXMakeCurrent() using the toplevel X window and did glViewport()
internally using the widget's coordinates or something?
] [Thread Prev