Re: Undo framework
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>
- Subject: Re: Undo framework
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:32:01 +0200
On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 09:23 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> The 'transaction' refered to a mechanism for persisting the details
> of each operation to a file.
> 1) The options could be re-played in the case of failure.
> 2) The data would provide useful hooks for auditing and
This would certainly be useful but it is something different than an
Undo system. An undo system stores information on how to undo an
operation. This typically involves storing data and state information
from before the operation is performed. This information allows you to
undo the operation, but it typically doesn't allow you to replay it.
] [Thread Prev