Re: GVfs status report

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 18:01 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Would it be completely out of the question to have a GTK+ release for
> > the sake of gio/gvfs?
>
> With the GNOME release team hat on my head: I think there's a big
> interest in using gvfs in 2.21, but it'd be nice to know at the
> beginning of the cycle whether we'll do it or not.
>
> So coming up with a plan soonish would be great from the GNOME point of
> view :-) (of course, the plan can be "wait for 2.23")

I've now merged gio and gvfs into gnome svn (modules "gio-standalone"
and "gvfs"). The plan going forward is to do external releases of
"gio-standalone" and make nautilus and other apps work with that. At
what point we will merge it into glib is not known right now. I think we
needs to see how it works out in Nautilus a bit first.