Why isn't GAsyncQueue derived from GObject?

Hi All,

I'm learning my way around GLib/GObject/GTK+ at the moment, and I've
written a GtkWidget derived widget that wants a GAsyncQueue as a property.

I can implement that easily enough using g_param_spec_pointer(), however
it looks like I can't do type-checking, as GAsyncQueue doesn't seem to
have any type-related functions/macros. Indeed, if it did, I'd use
g_param_spec_object, with a type of G_TYPE_ASYNC_QUEUE.

Is there a reason that GAsyncQueue doesn't derive from GObject?

If so, I can easily enough write my own wrapper. If not, I can look into
writing a patch to change this.

Phil Lello