dbus questions [was Re: Merging gio into glib]
- From: John Ehresman <jpe wingware com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Subject: dbus questions [was Re: Merging gio into glib]
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:44:16 -0500
A few dbus integration questions from an application developer who is
somewhat familiar with gtk internals and the win32 port.
* Would gtk be usable on posix-like platforms that do not have dbus
installed and configured? Does OS X fall into this category?
* What happens when something is added on Linux that isn't easily
implementable on win32, OS X, or another platform? One could imagine
some sort of interface that allowed a capability to be implemented or not.
* Where does code that interfaces with dbus or native api's go? I think
most native platform specific code in the gtk+ tarball is in gdk now;
will gdk remain the primary place for such code?
] [Thread Prev