Re: gdk-pixbuf io-ico and Microsoft's new PNG icon format

On 10/27/06, Peter Zelezny <peterzelezny dodo com au> wrote:
Hi GTKers,

I've noticed that the .ICO format is now a wrapper for BMP or PNG [1].

Has anyone thought about adding support for this in gdk-pixbuf/io-ico.c?
There'll probably be some .ICO images floating around the net shortly
(after Vista release?) that GTK+/Gimp cannot read because of this.

After a not-so-extensive search I couldn't find any information on what
they've done to the header to shoehorn PNG into ICOs, perhaps a new
"Type" field (=2)..
I hadn't

about png-in-ico yet. If someone find information on the
exact format modifications, we can certainly make the ico loader support it.

Matthias