How to generate python bindings correctly - for a GObject based system?

Hi,

I'm trying to write a python wrapper for my GObject derived system

-----------
// Object definition
struct _MakuObject
{
	GObject parent;
	gint age;
	DBusGProxy *gproxy;
};

// ObjectKlass definition
struct _MakuObjectClass
{
	GObjectClass parent;

	/* Signals */
};
-----------

And one public function
-----------
void maku_object_say_cheese (int i);
-----------

I'm using SWIG for this process. SWIG is able to generate bindings correctly
-----------
import maku
maku.maku_object_say_cheese (10)
MakuObject just sent you a CHEESE! :)
-----------

HOWEVER, how can I get these bindings to be used as...
import maku
maku.say_cheese (10)

Is there any way I can accomplish this? The tarball of my project with
a sample Makefile is attached. Please run "make swig" to generate the
python module.

Any pointers, suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Makuchaku