Re: Fixing the GtkTreeModel::row-deleted inconsistency

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:19:24AM +0200, Fontana Nicola wrote:
> In gtk_list_store_remove() and gtk_tree_store_remove(), is it possible to:
>
> - remove the row from the model
> - call gtk_tree_model_row_deleted(), leaving the row data accessible with
> gtk_tree_model_get_iter() or with a new API method
> - free the row data

It depends what you mean with "remove the row from the model".  If that
means unlinking the row from the model's data structures, then there's
not a nice way anymore to retrieve an iterator to access that row.  And
if _get_iter() is still supposed to be working, all other model methods
should also work: you are much better off not removing the row in that
case :)

> I intent the row_deleted signal as "this row is really gone from the model",
> not from the universe: I think having a signal that tell you something
> happened without specifying the subject is quite useless.

I think row-deleted does specifiy you the subject, one of its arguments
is the path ...

regards,

-kris.