Re: Tap and Hold API

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 16:34 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:

[excellent analysis snipped]
> so i'd say that tap-and-hold expiration is one of the rarer cases, where
> one should always use GDK_CURRENT_TIME for menu popups. that in turn means
> there's no point in carrying across a time stamp (which would be outdated
> or misleading anyway) in the tap-and-hold API. it might make sense to add
> this consideration to the docs though.

Yeah, very good point - I hate that constant because it makes for buggy
programs, but this seems to be one of the very few cases where it is
indeed the right thing :)

The docs for tap-and-hold should definitely mention that you should use
GDK_CURRENT_TIME for your popup's timestamp.

  Federico