Re: Newbie needs help: gtk_entry's stopped accepting key stroke entires

FIXED!!!!!! I hope the moderator leaves this on the forum: It was not
Google-able ... just in case someone else pulls a bone-head move like I did.

This code was working as a key event handler:

static int key_pressed3(GtkWidget* w, GdkEventKey* event, gpointer data) {
	if (event->keyval == 65293)
		actionOptions(w, data);
	return true;
}

... later ... in the signal area:

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(dialog), "key_press_event",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(key_pressed3), dialog);

It turns out that this is either not needed, depreciated, or just plain
wrong. I'm sure that I "borrowed" this from someone 4 years ago. Some things
definitely changed with GTK over the last 4 years. Commenting out the
signal_connect line restored my keyboard keypress events for all of my
gtk_entry textboxes. It would still be cool if someone vastly more
knowledgable than me could add a note to this thread explaining why this
code worked 4 years ago, what it did 4 years ago, and why it doesn't work
now.

Later -

Luke