Re: Out of Date Webpages

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

On 3/14/07, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang gmail com> wrote:
On 3/14/07, Tim Janik <timj gtk org> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > Should we send patches to this list I suppose?
>
> for the moment, yes.
> and please let us know if you already have commit access or not.

I was worried that some developers would complain about html patches
dirtying the list, but then thanks if you'll look and commit the
patches since I don't have commit rights.

* There's 3 directories in svn (branches, tags, trunk), and it seems
only 'trunk' should be kept since the others are horribly outdated (~5
years) and just duplicate info of each other and that of 'trunk'.
Could someone remove them since I don't see their use.

no, that's simply the versioning scheme svn uses, you can read up
on that here:
	http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html
simply use:
	http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gtk-web/trunk/
and forget about the rest.

* I don't know too much how web technologies work but I expected that
if I open trunk/index.html I should see a page similar to that found
in www.gtk.org, but in svn's html, there's no left-hand table and no
pictures for example.

server side includes:
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/de/howto/ssi.html

* I see www.gtk.org (dated Dec 2006) hasn't been updated to latest svn
(dated Jan 2007).

yes, that's because our scripts still need to be moved to SVN.
working on that.

---
ciaoTJ