Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call
- From: Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko async com br>
- Subject: Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:41:45 -0300
Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Is the Hello, World simplest use case as short and simple as it possibly
> could be? That's always a handy final litmus test for an API.
How do you do an hello world in a ui toolkit?
Should it include signals? How many widgets?
> From the header it looks like the simplest hello, world would have to
> builder_new, add_from_file, connect_signals, get_object at minimum?
> Maybe there's a convenience function or two that makes sense?
builder_new + add_from_file could be combined into one constructor,
I've been thinking about that, which would make it easier to
port applications using libglade which has such an api.
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
Async Open Source
] [Thread Prev