Re: VFS for legacy apps (was: gvfs status report)

On 2/22/07, Hans Petter Jansson <hpj novell com> wrote:

~/.mounts/type=smb-share;server=$server;share=$share/dir/file.txt

I just want to point out that there's a freedesktop specification for
where things should be stored.  Not many seem to respect it, but I,
for one, really would appreciate it if people would, as the root of my
~ isn't a junkyard for files and directories.  My OCD really needs it
to be in order.

http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.6.html

 nikolai