Re: VFS for legacy apps (was: gvfs status report)

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 03:10 -0600, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

> However, the first method you describe:
>
> ~/.mounts/type=smb-share;server=$server;share=$share/dir/file.txt
>
> sounds perfect. It's rich (we can get back the mount info later),
> extensible (we don't have to figure out the entire set of potential
> mount options in advance) and fairly simple (the root nodes are all
> direct children of ~/.mounts).

You're probably always going to need type, server and share though, so
maybe you can make it a bit more readable:

  ~/.mounts/smb:$server:$share/dir/file.txt

Extra options can go on the end.

Also I'd probably avoid ';' just in case bash goes anywhere near it.

Just a thought,

Damon