Re: GTK+ canvas?
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk>
- Subject: Re: GTK+ canvas?
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:30:48 -0400
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I just dont think we should dive right into writing up a GtkRocketShip or
a GtkFlashScene without having paved the way with a simple GtkCanvas that
is usefull to everybody first - rocket ships and geckos might also be
considered as unneeded bloat to gtk+, and could probably better be included
a little higher up in the stack.
You may be overestimating the futuristicness of something more useful
than GnomeCanvas ;-)
e.g. the HippoCanvas I wrote in 3 days lacks some stuff (i.e. I didn't
bother to support events other than button press), but it's already more
useful than GnomeCanvas because it supports layout (width-for-height
layout even). I'm sure the other more serious existing implementations
have also surpassed GnomeCanvas already.
] [Thread Prev