Re: GRegex

On 10/24/06, Marco Barisione <marco barisione org> wrote:
As discussed some times ago [1] I propose to add a PCRE wrapper to GLib.
Bug #50075 [2] contains a patch that adds it as a separate libgregex.
The documentation of the new API is at [3] (yes, there are some
unresolved problems with gtk-doc).

Owen Taylor would prefer to have GRegex directly in the main GLib
library:
[...]

To give you an idea of the size of libgregex and libpcre, these are
the sizes of the stripped .so files on my computer:

libgregex with internal PCRE      138 KB
libgregex with system PCRE        24  KB
libpcre with Unicode support      125 KB
libpcre without Unicode support   96  KB

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/