Re: Print dialog mockup (re: tabs changing tabs sucks)

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:23 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 09:19:57AM -0500, Norm Jacobs wrote:
> > why not put the printers (+ status
> > and location if you like) in a dropdown list?
>
> That list can get very big.  Whether it is in a dropdown or a list
> we should only show a few most recently used printers with a 'more'
> button to bring up a dialog of with a full list.

Even the current list is difficult to navigate with a more than 50 or so
printers which can happen quite easy with auto discovery.  I've seen
option menus with submenus used to split up the list and also show the
most recently used printers at the top level.  I'm not sure there is a
great solution though.

--Larry