Re: GTK+ Mac OS X state of the union

All things said...

I think that it is silly to assume that poor developers will not do some tweaks for OSX. After all, they will need to make .app bundle and other stuff, just like we are doing for MS Windows. And even if they don't, in the spirit of open community somebody will do that and create native version of Gimp (like now it is with Gimp.app) or Freeciv or whatever...

Automatic creation based on currently focused window is just plain wrong. It is not compatible with Apple HIG and it will not even work all the time.

What I think will work is to provide OSX top level menu API wrapper in GTK so we can construct our menus for OSX (remember, it will be different then any in-window menu). And if some app does not do that, GTK can create default menu with application name and Quit menu item with Cmd-Q accelerator in it.

Just my 0.02$

--
Goran Rakic