Re: GTK+ Mac OS X state of the union

Anders Carlsson wrote:
Hello,

For the last three months I've been working on making the GTK+ Mac OS X
port in a somewhat feature-complete state so we can slap a "1.0" tag on
it. The progress (as well as the remaining items) can be found on
http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/Gtk_Mac_OS_X/Roadmap

The most challenging task remaining now is to make GTK+ use the built-in
double-buffering features that exist in Mac OS X; I have sort of an idea
on how to do this and I'll send off a proposal shortly to the list, since
this most certainly changes some of the low-level parts of GDK)

We at Imendio always welcome help, there's a list of things to do availabe
on http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/Gtk_Mac_OS_X/Things_to_do with
varying degrees of difficulty.

Looking good so far; I just got it all compiled. gtk-demo runs, though with a bunch of visual glitches (BG of many windows is black, BG of parts of scrollbars is black, etc.). If I have some more time, I'd love to try and tackle a few items on the TODO list.

I have a question though about menu bars. I'm sure this is a bit tricky to handle, but might there be a way to designate that a particular GtkMenuBar attached to a particular window is the "main" menubar, and somehow merge its contents into the OS X top-of-screen menubar? I'm a little stumped as to the best way to do this, since technically you can pack as many menubars as you want into a single window. Thoughts?

	-brian