Re: GTK+ 2.10, the endgame

Hi Murray,

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 10:52 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I'm also concerned about the recent files stuff. Do we now have
> UIManager integration of that?

No, and I am to blame because I had less time to spend on fixing this
issue.

Mostly, I've been stuck on how to implement an action for both the menu
and toolbars using the same tag.  In the meantime, a nice and clean way
to integrate the GtkRecentChooserMenu inside a GtkUIManager is to
subclass GtkAction into a custom action that automatically adds a recent
chooser menu to the menu item it creates, and use a placeholder in the
UI definition (most applications using EggRecentViewUIManager already
have that placeholder present).

A working example is available here:

  http://www.gnome.org/~ebassi/test-uimanager.c

The action code itself is one hundred lines long and can easily be
hidden inside an helper file; it's approximately how GtkRecentAction
would be implemented, anyway.  I hereby give permission to do whatever
you want to do with it.

I understand that it's sub-optimal, and hopefully this should really go
away once there's an action inside GTK.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--