Re: Translation of gtk tuturial

On 6/10/06, Nickolay V. Shmyrev <nshmyrev yandex ru> wrote:
Hello all.

I now there was done quite amazing work about translation of gtk
tutorial and I know there were some other translations

http://linfoline.homedns.org/gtk/book1.html

http://kldp.org/KoreanDoc/html/GtkTutorial/GtkTutorial.html

What about making gtk tutorial translatable with docutils like all
user documentation and merging those translations upstream?

I don't ask about reference manual translation but it's also interesting,
although not realistic. Probably it's not sensible to distribute tutorial
with gtk package itself but use something like a web-based Rosetta.

The first step towards making the tutorial more useful would be
updating its 2.0 era content, remove deprecated apis, and cover
at least some of the important new apis.