Why are people sticking with GTK+ 26.? (Re: GTK+ modularization)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:58:41 -0700, "Jesse Donaldson" wrote:
>                         We're still using v2.6, so folks may not care,
> but I'm happy to share our results (once we've obtained them).  Also, if
> he'd like, I can try to put Mathias in touch with whoever will be
> looking at this on our end.

I'm personally interested in hearing more details about what your
motivation for sticking with 2.6 is. If it's performance concerns, (as
is the case with others I've talked to), then I should point out that
I'm personally very interested, and planning on fixing those
performance problems.

There's no good reason that GTK+ should have ever gotten slower. So
I'll be working to fix performance regressions. But I need help
identifying them. So anything anyone can share about things they have
hit would be useful. (And thanks to those who have already started
identifying things here on this list.)

-Carl
--
cworth redhat com