Re: Inplace Tips for GtkTreeView (#346992)

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 01:37:14AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Kris is going to post his new tooltips implementation any day
> now -- right, Kris ?

Yes!

> I'd recommend holding off until that happens to see how this
> fits together.

Okay.  Also, from a quick look at the video there are some things which
are not supported in the current tooltips API proposal, for example:
  * Popping up the tooltip at a prescribed location, this requires being
    able to set a positioning function for the tooltips (we might need
    this anyway).
  * It needs different event handling compared with generic tooltips.
    It relays keys to the underlying widget; and also handles the tip
    being under the pointer (depth-wise).

Supporting this in the generic tooltips API probably adds quite a bit of
complexity.  That said, I am also still unsure whether it makes sense to
have this in GTK+.

regards,

-kris.