Re: Reverting to non-async file chooser

On 8/31/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:

I'm ready to commit some changes for libgnomeui/file-chooser which
*will* break GTK+, but which are needed in the long run.  These are the
changes which make the async callbacks have different cancelation
semantics.  I'll work tomorrow on modifying GTK+ according to these
changes.

I'd strongly prefer to avoid such API-breaking changes in the middle
of a stable series.  Before we resolve to such measures, we should
have a careful look at the fixes that kris has to make the current
semantics work.

Matthias