Re: selected text is PRIMARY?

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 07:21 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro writes:
>  > Maybe users don't know what X11 is, but maybe they know what the
>  > middle button usually does in text widgets;
>
> <user mode>
> middle button? I don't have any middle button. I have this weird wheel
> thingie.
> </user mode>

Ehm, actually that is not true. I consider myself a user, mainly. When I
was using windows, I couldn't understand the benefit of the middle mouse
button being used for pasting. After about one year (or even less) of
using Linux, I've always been trying to use that feature on other OSes
as well -- and still desperately miss it in Windows.
Again: We can by no means be discussing to remove it. However, I do
agree, that it would be quite useful, to be able to have several
_selections_ out of which only one is _PRIMARY_.

Now the question, which has to be discussed, is, if we want a visual
distinction of that PRIMARY selection compared to the other selection,
and if so, what it should look like.

Take care!

David