Re: GTK 64-bits and Windows

On 12.04.2006 13:49, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Philippe Morange writes:
>  > Do you have a step by step guide to compile all the dependencies
>  > and then GTK under Windows ?
>
> (Keeping the discussion on gtk-devel-list.)
In the times gtk+ 2.6 I once had both build environments working
and somewhat documented it at: http://hans.breuer.org/gtk/

On 12.04.2006 20:32, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Tor Lillqvist writes:
 > If you use Microsoft's compiler, you will either have to use more or
 > less manually written makefiles (or manually (using the GUI)
 > constructed Visual Studio projects),

I should mention that there are makefiles for the 32-bit MSVC compiler
in GLib and GTK. (At least in CVS, don't recall whether they are
included in the tarballs.) According to Hans Breuer who maintains them
they should be ready to use with relatively minimal effort.
Especially shortly after a commit of me ;)

Don't know about Pango.
Definitely in cvs but outdated for pango/opentype (optional: only used
for Pango/FT2)

So if the 64-bit Microsoft compiler takes something
reasonably close to the same command-line arguments as the 32-bit
ones, this shouldn't be that hard.

As you can see from the UML diagrams at my website there are some more
dependencies below GLib, Pango and Gtk+. These need to be build as
64 bit version as well, but they don't follow the makefile.msc scheme
used for GLib, Pango, Atk, Gtk+, Dia and The Gimp.

Some build description for both variants is in GLib
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glib/README.win32?view=markup

	Hans