Re: Some introspection on GtkContainer children.

Damon Chaplin wrote:
I've had a look at all the composite children that Glade uses for GTK+
widgets. I think all of these could have been avoided if the widgets had
been written slightly differently:

Hey,
    thanks alot for compiling a list like that (I'll try to put it
to good use); I'm going to take a closer look at how copy/paste is
handled glade3, I think the only real problem in terms of widget
duplication is composite childeren that are containers
(namely the action-area hbuttonbox).

Maybe with alot of coffee and another all-nighter I can get around
that, if only a selected few composite children "Must be handled"
then I'm pretty sure that I find a way to special-case them in the
appropriate way (that wont break in the future etc...).

So basically if widgets are designed with GUI builders in mind, I think
you can avoid composite children issues 99% of the time.

Agreed 100%, unfortunatly; these toolkits are somewhat of an organic
product of the community that we have a difficult time controlling,
so I think ultimatly we have to have a way to work around that...

Maybe that'll change when/if libglade becomes an integral part of GTK+.

Cheers,
                                    -Tristan