Re: Some introspection on GtkContainer children.
- From: Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <tristan van berkom gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Some introspection on GtkContainer children.
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:11:30 +0100
On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 23:27 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> On a more practicle note; I was thinking that internal children of
> composite widgets should be more introspectable; for the purpose
> of GUI builders and loaders, if every child widget implicitly created
> by its parent at least had a name, we could avoid alot of special
> case code and maintanence.
Composite children can be marked when created by the container calling
They can also be named with gtk_widget_set_composite_name(), though this
hasn't been used much in GTK+ itself.
Ideally a GUI builder shouldn't have to touch composite children - the
properties of the widget should be enough to configure it completely.
] [Thread Prev