Re: RFC: warnings on ignoring return value on some list operations

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:35:59 +0100 (CET)
Tim Janik <timj imendio com> wrote:

> unless you strongly object to it, i still think we should add the
> attribute to all list functions that can return modified lists. it'll
> be stricter and thus may require some adaptions when introduced, but
> better in the long-term because it helps people to avoid easy errors.

(Hi all... new to this list but long-time user of GLib)

Just my two cents (Euros, naturally). I think it sounds a great idea. 99%
of cases which hit will the warning, will be genuine accidents... In the
1% of cases where you really do know it is safe to ignore, it will, as
others have pointed out, be simple enough to avoid.

(Shame that casting the return to void doesn't work though... :/ )

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd leonerd org uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/