Slightly lacking documentation (was: Re: Problems with GtkPaned)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:58:19 -0500, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 13:09 +0100, Miroslav Rajcic wrote:
> > > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:40:35 +0100, Miroslav Rajcic <rajcic sokrates hr>
> > >
> > > You can listen for changes to the "position" property on GtkPaned:
> > >

> > http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkPaned.html#GtkPaned--position
> >
> > Thanks for the tip, unfortunately "position" is a property, not the event.
[...]
> Try notify::position

I think 'notify' is one of the less obvious aspects of GObjects for
one reason or another. Would it make sense to add a short blurb like
'See GtkWidget::notify and g_signal_connect' below the 'Properties'
header in the API docs?  Similarly for child properties and style
properties (is anything else but lack of convenient API suggesting
that maybe they're not meant for application developers to fiddle
with?)

Just a thought...

--
Tommi Komulainen                                      tkomulai gmail com