Re: A OverTheSpot patch for gtk 2.4.x and 2.6.x

Maciej Katafiasz wrote:

> Why, it surely is supported, see
>
>http://mathrick.org/files/overthespot.png
>
>I don't know anything about programming side of this (IM is not my cup
>of tea), but I know it certainly does work in over-the-spot mode.
>
>Cheers,
>Maciej

Hi,

Some input method, like scim, uim and gcin, uses it's own gtk im module
so that it can support OverTheSopt input method without patching
libgtk2.0-0 package.

For example:

export GTK_IM_MODULE=gcin
exec /usr/bin/gcin &

I have no idea what's the input method you're using,
But I think that maybe it's the resson...

At least, whithout using it's own gtk im module,
gcin, scim and xcin can not support OverTheSopt input method without
this patch.