Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME 2 release team <release-team gnome org>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:59:56 +0200
On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 15:53 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 13:50 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > - The benefit of being able to use all the other new APIs in GTK+
> > 2.8 for GNOME 2.12
> This was the reason i brought up this with jamesh, leading to the change
> of the jhbuild modules.
> In particular, I'd like to use the new g_utf8_collate_key_for_filename()
> function from glib in nautilus. Technically I guess we could make a copy
> of this function in nautilus for now, but it would be nice to be able to
> use the glib code, and to have the same sort in the file selector.
Is it ok if nautilus depends on glib 2.8 for this? This doesn't mean we
have to use gtk+ 2.8, gtk+ 2.6 works fine with glib 2.8.
Its a bit strange as glib and gtk+ have historically released very much
in lockstep. However, nothing says this is needed.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's an underprivileged white trash paranormal investigator fleeing from a
secret government programme. She's a blind winged archaeologist married to the
Mob. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev