Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)

Hey,
	I guess there's quite a few benefits/risks to be weighed up here:

  - The benefit of having cool new rendering stuff in GNOME 2.12

  - The benefit of being able to use all the other new APIs in GTK+
    2.8 for GNOME 2.12

  - The benefit of getting all this stuff tested early (i.e. before
    GTK+ 2.8 is released, rather than after)

  - The extra incentive for people to help with getting the rendering
    stuff optimized

	vs.

  - The risk of the GTK+ 2.8 schedule slipping, causing a slip in the
    GNOME 2.12 schedule

  - The risk that performance problems with the rendering stuff might
    put some people off using GNOME 2.12

	Although I was pretty nervous about this too at first, the benefits
certainly seem to outweigh the risks when you spell them out like that.

Cheers,
Mark.