Re: some little things to change on GLib 2.6.1

Hi Benoit,

> In glib 2.6.1 :
>
> in gthreadpool.c :
>
> lines 682,683 :
>   g_thread_pool_set_max_unused_threads (0);
>   g_thread_pool_set_max_unused_threads (oldval);
>
> (Line 54 : static gint max_unused_threads = 0;
> Line 618 max_unused_threads = max_threads;
> (max_threads is an arg, and must be >= -1))
>
> Is this usefull here to have
> "g_thread_pool_set_max_unused_threads (0);" ?

The scenario is the following. The user sets
g_thread_pool_set_max_unused_threads (100), pushes many tasks into the
thread pool and after a while stops pushing tasks there. So you have a
heap of threads lying around. Now you could then call
g_thread_pool_stop_unused_threads () to stop all those threads without
changing the number of maximal unused threads.

I looked again at the logic and think, it should work. If you disagree,
please tell me more precisely, where you think it fails, such that I can
fix it.

> in gvalue.c :
>
> Lines 38,39,40,41 :
>
> #define value_transform_int64_int64
> value_transform_memcpy_data0
> #define value_transform_uint64_uint64
> value_transform_memcpy_data0
> #define value_transform_int64_int64
> value_transform_memcpy_data0
> #define value_transform_uint64_uint64
> value_transform_memcpy_data0
>
> twice the same. Keep lines 38 & 39.

When I'm looking at

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glib/gobject/gvalue.c?annotate=1.16

I don't see, what you mean.

> in gobject-query.c :
>
> Lines 210,211,212, three times the same :
>
> strcpy (indent_inc, O_SPACE);
> strcpy (indent_inc, O_SPACE);
> strcpy (indent_inc, O_SPACE);
>
> Please remove two of them.

Already done in CVS.

Ciao,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                 |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:seppi seppi de              |      är himlen så förunderligt blå