Re: [gnet] Re: GIOChannels, GNet, GOIO

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:52:00PM -0500, James M. Cape wrote:
> 3.) If/when this eventually does get moved into GLib (which would be the
> end result if it deprecates GIOChannel), I'm pretty sure it'll be as
> GIoStream, not GObjectIoStream.

	Can we, please, somehow avoid reinventing STREAMS and the
accompanying performance nightmare?  Or, if the benefits of a
STREAMS-alike for complex users necessarily penalizes us simple users,
can we not deprecate GIOChannel?  I'm quite happy with GIOChannel for
my simple watches.

Joel

--

 Brain: I shall pollute the water supply with this DNAdefibuliser,
        turning everyone into mindless slaves.

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org