Re: [gnet] Re: GIOChannels, GNet, GOIO

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 10:55 +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> "James M. Cape" <jcape ignore-your tv> writes:

> >> Do you have the code lying somewhere?
> >
> > It's at
> > currently, though I can put it on when the differences get
> > hashed out.
> >
> I'll set up an project on GNA!, so we can start merging our stuff (and
> get a mailing list, etc.). We should however decide wether the whole
> thing should be called GIO or GOIO before that, so I can chose an
> appropriate project name.

Obviously, I'm in favor of Gio, because:

1.) It *is* that obvious what it does :-)
2.) No other package or project uses a "go" prefix because it uses
GObject (gtk+, pango, libgnome, etc.)
3.) If/when this eventually does get moved into GLib (which would be the
end result if it deprecates GIOChannel), I'm pretty sure it'll be as
GIoStream, not GObjectIoStream.

    Jim Cape

    "We still name our military helicopter gunships after victims
     of genocide. Nobody bats an eyelash about that: Blackhawk.
     Apache. And Comanche. If the Luftwaffe named its military
     helicopters Jew and Gypsy, I suppose people would notice."
       -- Noam Chomsky, "Propaganda and the Public Mind"